What’s new in this release?
- The GNOME base platform has been updated to version 2.32, which includes dconf and gsettings API.
- Evolution was updated to version 2.30, which operates much faster than previous versions.
- F-Spot has now been replaced by Shotwell as the default photo manager.
- Gwibber has been updated to use Twitters new OAuth, their new authentication system.
- The sound menu has been enhanced to include music player controls.
- Ubuntu One has received a big update with improved sign-up and sign-in integration, Nautilus enhancements for managing folder sync preferences, faster file transfer speeds and the ability to share links to music within the Ubuntu One Music Store.
- New bootup screen.
Kubuntu 10.10 comes with the latest version of the KDE software. KDE Platform, Workspace and Applications were all updated to 4.5.1. Kubuntu has merged both the Desktop and Netbook images into one image, featuring the Plasma Desktop and Plasma Netbook workspace.
Ubuntu Server Edition has been updated to the next major release of Eucalyptus 2.0.
Ubuntu 10.10 Server Edition comes with Cloud support on Amazon EC2.
Ubuntu 10.10 is available in both 32bit and 64bit edition and available for free from Ubuntu.com.