Microsoft has finally finished and compiled the RTM version of Windows Vista SP2 and Windows Server 2008. The full version string being 6.0.6002.18.005, which company officials have confirmed is the final RTM version of SP2.
The key features of SP2 are:
* Windows Search 4.0 for faster and improved relevancy in searches
* Bluetooth 2.1 Feature Pack supporting the most recent specification for Bluetooth Technology
* Ability to record data on to Blu-Ray media natively in Windows Vista
* Adds Windows Connect Now (WCN) to simplify Wi-Fi Configuration
* Windows Vista SP2 enables the exFAT file system to support UTC timestamps, which allows correct file synchronization across time zones.
Currently circulating around popular BitTorrent websites, the final version is available in 32 and 64 bit versions. Microsoft is expected to release it publicly shortly.
For more information on SP2 please check out the recently posted Microsoft support article.